According to the logs there was a run on the server at this time...
apparently quite a few servers downloading at the top of the hour -
all competing.

If you use a scheduled task for getting your rulebase files, please
stagger your download schedule according to the chart here:

http://www.sortmonster.com/MessageSniffer/Help/LogsHelp.html#When

The chart is based on the first letter of your license ID. Scheduling
updates at these times will ensure that we don't have a pile-up where
everyone gets to the server at the top of the hour or some other
common time.

Folks who are triggering updates based on our update notifications are
already making the most efficient use of resources because our
rulebase compiler system schedules updates in a nice even flow.

Hope this helps,