Nah, the .cfg file is default and srvany.exe was installed with the resource kit.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:58 PM
To: sniffer@SortMonster.com
Subject: Re: [sniffer] Sniffer taking a long time?

Dan,

Just two thoughts at this moment.  One would be permissions.  Maybe setting up SRVANY by installing the Resource Kit would be the way to go (if that isn't what you did).  I would imagine that if the service starts, all should be fine.  The other would be to check your Sniffer's CFG file to make sure that nothing funky is in there.

Matt

Dan Horne wrote:
No, I followed your instructions exactly (and not for the first time).  I didn't add those extra values until today.  Prior to adding the AppDirectory value, the service was taking a minute to scan emails; after adding it the scan time went to around 2 seconds.  I can't get it any lower than that.  Initially mine was set up exactly as you said, with only "Application" containing the path, authcode and persistent.  Today after hearing no suggestions from the list, and based on recent list messages mentioning the home directory for the service, I looked at the srvany.exe doco to find out how to give it a home directory.  That's when I added AppDirectory.  I also saw and added AppParameters at the same time and added those as well, though they seem not to be needed.

Prior to adding the AppDirectory value, I never got any .stat file or any .SVR file in my sniffer dir.  After adding that value and starting the service those files appeared.