On Thursday, February 2, 2006, 12:25:01 PM, Grant wrote:

GS> Has anyone got an automated updating script for updating rulebases for
GS> MDaemon.  I am just demoing the software now.  The plugin seems to be
GS> working well.  I have used the Imail script from the website that Bill
GS> Landry contributed (thanks Bill).  Is there a way to automatically send
GS> the conformation email that the update worked as it was supposed to like
GS> it does in IMail?  If we discontinue Imail usage and go to MDaemon will
GS> the Sniffer license transfer OK?  (Only running one server with it at a
GS> time).

I'm not an MDaemon expert, but I believe most folks use a CF rule to
recognize the update notification and call out to the update script.

As for transferring the license from one server to another - that's
just fine, and the platform doesn't matter. SNF runs on just about
anything (Windows, Linux, BSD, etc...).

Someone here or on one of the MDaemon lists will probably have the
correct CF incantation handy.

Hope this helps,