Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:47 PM
Subject: [sniffer] Re: yahoo mail problems

It’s a variety actually

MS DNS

SimpleDNS

And bind on linux I believe

From: Message Sniffer Community [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Matuska Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:49 PM
To: Message Sniffer Community

Would you happen to be running Microsoft DNS server?  I ran into something similar a while back with certain dns queries were corrupted for domains that used certain extended dns queries.  It turned out in our case that our firewalls were removing the ends of the extended dns packets because they were over limit.  Have you made any firewall changes recently?

Jim Matuska Jr.
Computer Tech2, CCNA
Nez Perce Tribe
Information Systems