Hello Computer,

Friday, May 18, 2007, 8:34:27 AM, you wrote:

> For those of us in the dark about this, can someone explain who Appriver is,
> and what is has to do with Message Sniffer?

Message Sniffer started out as an incubator project inside of
MicroNeil Research Corporation. When it was time for SNF to grow up
and become it's own company we went looking for partners who could
help it grow.

We searched long and hard and ultimately picked AppRiver for a lot of
good reasons :-) (Note I can still say that after all this time!)

ARM Research Labs, LLC was formed to take over the SNF project.

ARM is jointly owned by both AppRiver and MicroNeil. In order to
capitalize on economies of scale, asymmetrical bandwidth utilization,
and an efficient support infrastructure, a number of servers for ARM
are hosted along side AppRiver servers - this includes the servers
that provide rulebase updates for SNF.

Yesterday's events created a tremendous load on the network and that
caused some packet loss that caused rulebase downloads to slow down
for a time.

For more about ARM see: http://www.armresearch.com/

Hope this helps,

Pete McNeil