David Moore wrote:
I to have the same problem I have reverted back to the old script. (We are windows based)

<snip/>

Shawn wrote:
Pete,

I upgraded to the latest getRulebase file and followed the instructions, but now all I see on my windows system (DST) is the following: (I replaced my license ID # with xxxxxxxx)

snf2check: xxxxxxxx.new ERROR_RULE_FILE!
        1 file(s) copied.R:2349772 [0/12 - 0] W:0 C:0 B:0 T:0 S:0
snf2check: xxxxxxxx.new ERROR_RULE_FILE!
1 file(s) copied.R:2349772 [0/12 - 0] W:0 C:0 B:0 T:0 S:0

This is most likely NOT a problem --

This happens when the update script runs and the file on the server is not newer than the file on your system. CURL will refuse to download the file and then snf2check produces an ERROR_RULE_FILE! error because it cannot find the new rulebase file it is looking for.

We are reworking the script to include line to test for this and exit the script instead of producing the error.

You can add the following line just before the snf2check.exe line:

if not exist %LICENSE_ID%.new goto DONE

In this case the ERROR_RULE_FILE error itself is harmless.