Ack! I'm stuck, and hoping one you wonderful people can bail me out.

I'm running soap 2.2 and I'm getting terrible performance running the server on
a windows 2000 box. I've run soap on both tomcat and jetty and I get the same
thing: about 200ms for a roundtrip call. My service is trivial, returns a fixed
string. Its not startup costs; if I do the calls over and over again they're
all about 200ms. If I move the server over to a (much slower) linux box, the
call time drops to around 20ms. All of the machines are connected to the same
100MB/s hub, so there shouldn't be any network latency issues. The client is
also a win2k box.

Any idea why win2k would be screwed up but linux (redhat 7.2) would be ok?
My only thought is that our dns setup might be wacky, our sys-admin is kind of
clueless. But I'm invoking the services with ip addresses rather than
hostnames, so I'm not sure dns has anything to do with it.

how can I fix this?

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

-Anthony