200ms sounds suspiciously like a Nagle algorithm issue...

You might try setting the TCP_NODELAY option on the outgoing SOAP socket
(i.e. socket.setTcpNoDelay(true)), if that's not already done in the
transport sender, or there might be some way to tweak the TCP options of
Win2K if it's happening on that side.

Sorry I can't be more detailed, but you might try searching the web for
"+nagle +tcp_nodelay".

--Glen