Here's a short take:

Apache-SOAP SSL Faq
<http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/xml-soap/java/docs/install/FAQ_Tomcat_SOAP_SSL.html>

which sounds like its only about setting up the server, also has instructions on
setting up the client.

S-





Bert Buckley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/05/2002 04:49:42 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Please respond to
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:    (bcc: Steve Salkin/3rd/US/AON)

Subject:  soap and httpS  [Virus Checked]



Help dearly appreciated for the following:

I have installed soap2-2 and all of the necessary java classes.  I have
many years of prog experience but am fairly new to java, and completely
new to soap.

I want to connect to a soap server to process financial txs.  The basic
problem is that their url is

     https:// ...

The soap docs talk only about using http.

I downloaded all the java classes and have a java class that compiles, and
partly executes.  It does find a stream handler for https.  The ultimate
error that I get is

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: null;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
null]
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:324)

        at org.apache.soap.messaging.Message.send(Message.java:123)
        at samples.beanstream.Approver.Process(Approver.java:49)
        at samples.beanstream.Approver.main(Approver.java:104)


The soap server in question is part of the microsoft product suite, but I
am not in a position to install the client side of the ms soap
implementation.  From a lot of reading, I don't see why, given proper xml
and so on, that I should not be able to connect to this server.


Pointers to information on using soap with HTTPS would be truly
appreciated.

Thanks

Bert


--
Bert Buckley
250 477 2570






Reply via email to