I just noticed the follwing in the faq at 
http://xml.apache.org/soap/faq/faq_chawke.html#Q3_1


7.3  How do you serialize java.util.Date objects?
Use BeanSerializer. Either add a mapping for date in the deployment xml file or call 
SOAPMappingRegistry.mapTypes() in your application. A more "correct" DateSerializer is 
planned that serializes using the ISO date format.
Date objects should be converted to xsd:date (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#date) 
or xsd:timeInstant (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#timeInstant) to be SOAP 
compliant. 
The SOAP spec says, "For simple types, SOAP adopts all the types found in the section 
Built-in datatypes of the XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes", 
(http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#_Toc478383514), but not all have been implemented


This is out of date right?  It looks like there is already a DateSerializer in soap2_2.
If this *is* out of date, who should I email to have this updated?
I just used org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.DateSerializer to serialize a date.  It 
seemed to wokr just fine.
Is there any reason *not* to use DateSerializer?



George Voronoff

Reply via email to