Hi Mark-

I also have this situation, an array of custom objects as a return value. Once I
created and registered the custom serializer on both ends (in my case,
BeanSerializer) it "just worked." I guess my checklist would be

o Have you tested the case of returning just a single one to make sure the
ser/deser is correctly set up
o Are you returning objects of the registered type and not a subtype
o Are you receiving the objects of the registered type and not a supertype for
which no ser/deser has been set up

If all of this is good, take a look at the actual SOAP return message using one
of the tcp trace programs and see if it looks like what you expect it to look
like - there are often valuable clues here.

HTH,

S-





Mark French <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/07/2002 02:20:32 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:    (bcc: Steve Salkin/3rd/US/AON)

Subject:  Returning Arrays Fails  [Virus Checked]


Hi,

I have written a service which returns and Array of
Objects which have a custom serializer/deserializer.
My problem is I can pass these object back an forth
with out a problem until I try to return an Array of
them and get the following exception.

SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=array
element type mismatch;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
array element type mismatch

Does anybody have any ideas?  The objects custom
serializer and deserializer have been registered
server and client side.

Cheers

Mark

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
http://uk.my.yahoo.com






Reply via email to