I use an XML configuration file (not the .ds file) so this may or may not
work.  Anyway, you can change the config file location in web.xml using the
RPC router init parameter "ConfigFile", e.g.

web.xml:
      <servlet>
            <servlet-name>rpcrouter</servlet-name>
            <display-name>Apache-SOAP RPC Router</display-name>
            <servlet-class>org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet</
servlet-class>
            <init-param>
                  <param-name>faultListener</param-name>
                  <param-value>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</
param-value>
            </init-param>
            <init-param>
                  <param-name>ConfigFile</param-name>
                  <param-value>WEB-INF/soap.xml</param-value>
            </init-param>
      </servlet>

Then I define the location of the deployment descriptor file (dds.xml).

soap.xml:
<soapServer>
    <configManager value="org.apache.soap.server.XMLConfigManager">
        <option name="filename" value="WEB-INF/dds.xml"/>
    </configManager>
</soapServer>

There is probably a similar configuration setup using the .ds file.

Shawn.

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               cc:

                      03/20/2002 11:06         Subject: DeployedServices.ds

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to soap-user

Has anyone succesfully been able to specify a different location for the
DeployedServices.ds file. I have tried a few times and it always seems
like the servlet never picks up any of the changes that I make to the
deployment descriptor. If anyone as any suggestions I would appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Dave Hirst

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.