In web.xml (registration of the rpcrouter servlet):
      <servlet>
            <servlet-name>rpcrouter</servlet-name>
            <display-name>Apache-SOAP RPC Router</display-name>
            <servlet-class>org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet</
servlet-class>
            <init-param>
                  <param-name>ConfigFile</param-name>
                  <param-value>WEB-INF/soap.xml</param-value>
            </init-param>
      </servlet>

In WEB-INF/soap.xml (define the config manager, locate the SOAP deployment
descriptor file):
      <soapServer>
            <configManager value="org.apache.soap.server.XMLConfigManager">
                  <option name="filename" value="WEB-INF/dds.xml"/>
            </configManager>
      </soapServer>

In WEB-INF/dds.xml (SOAP deployment descriptor):
      <root>
            <isd:service xmlns:isd
="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"; id
="urn://ibportal.jpmc.com/ChartService" checkMustUnderstands="false">
                  <isd:provider type="java" scope="Application" methods
="getChartData getChartList">
                        <isd:java class
="com.jpmc.ibportal.integration.service.ChartService" static="false"/>
                  </isd:provider>
                  <isd:mappings>
                        <isd:map encodingStyle
="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"; xmlns:x
="http://www.chartservice.com/schemas/ChartServiceRemoteInterface"; qname
="x:com.jpmc.ibportal.integration.model.ChartDataInputModel" javaType
="com.jpmc.ibportal.integration.model.ChartDataInputModel"
xml2JavaClassName
="com.jpmc.ibportal.integration.soap.encoding.soapenc.ForgivingBeanSerializer"

java2XMLClassName
="com.jpmc.ibportal.integration.soap.encoding.soapenc.ForgivingBeanSerializer"/>
                        <isd:map encodingStyle
="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"; xmlns:x
="http://www.chartservice.com/schemas/ChartServiceRemoteInterface"; qname
="x:com.jpmc.ibportal.integration.model.ChartListInputModel" javaType
="com.jpmc.ibportal.integration.model.ChartListInputModel"
xml2JavaClassName
="com.jpmc.ibportal.integration.soap.encoding.soapenc.ForgivingBeanSerializer"

java2XMLClassName
="com.jpmc.ibportal.integration.soap.encoding.soapenc.ForgivingBeanSerializer"/>
                  </isd:mappings>
            </isd:service>
            <isd:service> ...More services ... </isd:service>
      </root>

Everything listed is deployed in my webapp.  I deploy using my own war file
(ifservice.war).  I suspect is would make no difference if the war was
contained in an ear file but have not tried it.

Shawn.

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               cc:

                      03/20/2002 01:37         Subject: Re: DeployedServices.ds

                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to soap-user

Would placing this inside a .ear file affect the way that this "should"
work?

> I have something similiar to that. Do these files live in the soap.war
file? One
> other question, what do you have in the
> dds.xml file?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I use an XML configuration file (not the .ds file) so this may or may
not
> > work.  Anyway, you can change the config file location in web.xml using
the
> > RPC router init parameter "ConfigFile", e.g.
> >
> > web.xml:
> >       <servlet>
> >             <servlet-name>rpcrouter</servlet-name>
> >             <display-name>Apache-SOAP RPC Router</display-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet</
> > servlet-class>
> >             <init-param>
> >                   <param-name>faultListener</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</
> > param-value>
> >             </init-param>
> >             <init-param>
> >                   <param-name>ConfigFile</param-name>
> >                   <param-value>WEB-INF/soap.xml</param-value>
> >             </init-param>
> >       </servlet>
> >
> > Then I define the location of the deployment descriptor file (dds.xml).
> >
> > soap.xml:
> > <soapServer>
> >     <configManager value="org.apache.soap.server.XMLConfigManager">
> >         <option name="filename" value="WEB-INF/dds.xml"/>
> >     </configManager>
> > </soapServer>
> >
> > There is probably a similar configuration setup using the .ds file.
> >
> > Shawn.
> >

> >                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >                                                cc: