Apache SOAP explicitly closes sockets after each request as it does
not support HTTP keep-alives.

The frequent handshaking is, I believe, caused by JSSE or JDK 1.4
marking cached sessions as stale very quickly.  I have run tests in
which a cached SSL session is re-used anywhere from 0 to 6 times out
of 10.  I have not figured out a way to control this.

On 4 Feb 2003 at 11:42, Luke Galea wrote:

> Hello!! I am trying to make Apache SOAP keep my ssl socket open in
> between calls in order to prevent un-needed handshaking.
>
> Has anyone had success doing something similar? I am currently trying
> to use a custom SSLSocketFactorywithout much success.. perhapsa new transport would
>work? Why
> isn™t something like this included or available anywhere?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Luke Galea
> Software Development
> BlueCat Networks