Actually I meant, if anybody has tried compiling soap src files with jdk1.4.
I did give it a try and it seemed to build okay (I'm actually running 1.4.1 and I found I needed a bunch of the JAR's from the Web Services Development Pack). However, what I wanted to know was what the dependencies were rather than achieving running Soap classes compiled under 1.4, so I stopped when I'd figured out all the dependencies. But once the dependencies were taken care of, it seemed to build without difficulty and I don't see why it wouldn't have run fine (you never know for sure until you try, I suppose).

HTH,

John