Overall, Axis will serve you better in the current web services
world, where most endpoints generate or consume WSDL.  Your
particular problem may be caused by the WSDL, GLUE utility, Apache
SOAP or any combination thereof.  The typical issue would be that a
WSDL client is unlikely to emit xsi:type attributes for parameter
elements, since the WSDL specifies the type for each element.  Apache
SOAP, developed in the pre-WSDL days, by default assumes that all
elements will have an xsi:type attribute.  Since you get a null
result, as opposed to a SOAP Fault, I cannot say what the cause of
your issue is.

On 8 Jun 2003 at 21:56, Ayman M. El-Geneidy wrote:

> Is there any support for WSDL in Apache SOAP 2.3.1?
>
> I am running Tomcat 4.1.24 and SOAP 2.3.1. I have successfully deployed a test
> service. I run it through a SOAP client with no problem. When I run it through a
> WSDL file using GLUE's invoke command, I get a null instead of the output. Is this
> because of the non-support of WSDL within SOAP?
>
> Is Axis my next option or is this problem due to something else?
>
> Please excuse my beginer questions as I am still learning the concepts and tools.
> Your help is highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ayman

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.