Dave;
I think it wise personally to send it in, after all they can and will also
check everything else out while they have it, and getting the module tuned
and checked isn't a bad idea either.A minimal charge for general servicing
may be worth it.(besides the repair) I have had very good 1-2 week
turnaround with Horizon service, but of course it depends on their current
back log.In fact when I had trouble installing ther Data safe that came with
my 10X they not only returned my call within 2 hours, when the tech who
called couln't help me (I really messed up)he gave me the e-mail of the
fellow who designed the program. Two or three e-mails and all was cleared
up.
I think a little down time in the name of preventive maintenance is worth
it. Use another radio while it is laid up. I don't know what # you are
calling but the service # will get you an operator who will forward your
call if you stay on the line. 217-355-9511
They probably won't sell the parts anyway, they want to make sure if
something gos wrong later they know that it was properly serviced and they
will have record of it. not saying you would do this,for all I know you are
a radio technician, but  some guys might install the part break something
unknowingly then start dengrating Horizon for their lousy radios when it
malfunctioned later.

Permit a little story...funnny i think

At the Elmira aerotow last year, one pilot was getting some apparent radio
interference, the impound chief scanned the adjacent channels and located a
radio that was spilling over RF. After identifying the offending radio, the
pilot was indignant when asked to not use that radio/ module. (We even had a
spare on the same channel to loan him). When he handed in his dented and
scratched up TX module he explained that he had used it for six years with
out any problems! Until now I guess.

John Derstine

 John Derstine
E-mail; [EMAIL PROTECTED]