From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 10:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] Help with new stuff...?Watch what you wish for...

Almost everyone who gets a radio with 'shareable' memory comes up with the idea of short cutting the programming process.  "Can I load your set ups????"
Any guy who says yes, is not a 'friend'.  The old adage of "Give a guy a set up and he'll fly for today, but teach him how to do his own setup and he'll fly forever"... applies.

A Stylus has a memory card that you can mail ... to the top pilots in the USA who mostly use Stylus's.... (I actually bought two when I got my Sty with that thought in mind).

When you get it back it will be filled with the same kind of information found in your computer's operators manual.... information, raw information.

Once loaded into your TX, what will the switch on the top left do when you move it?.. or any switch?

The Stylus is already full of information that we don't know how to use... just cuz it was put there by a technician versus a sailplane pilot.

The point is there is no short cut to setting up YOUR plane.  If You didn't create the set up, you have no idea of why or what someone else intended.

Have you read the articles in RCSD on trim, balance, reading air, mixing functions???  If you did you'd have been busy creating and loading information into your Stylus that you can then tweek after flying and testing what YOU created.

There is no short cut to trimming, balancing and using your radios features.

If I had figured out the perfect mix to use in a thermal, and gave you the program, when would you engage it, or turn it off?

A perfect example was when I asked Tom Hoopes to load some of his planes (same planes I had at the time) into my Sty's mem card.  When I loaded the set up for a Hera, I hit a switch and my garage door cycled and the video player set itself for Buffy......when I thought it was going to drop my trailing edge for launch. :-)

Gordy