This is an interesting thread, I'm I'm flattered that some
have put me on their list.

But, I'm not sure that this is a good list to compile.
Many of the folk that contribute to soaring don't
show up at the top of a scoreboard.  In fact, most
are not even known outside of a small circle.

There are so many people that are really the backbone
of soaring, that work behind the scenes without any
desire or expectation of reward.  People like Al
Zimmerman of the Pasadena club.  Al has scored
the PSS contests as long as I can remember.  Actually,
I've never even seen Al with a Tx in his hands.  I'm not
sure if he even flies.  But he has been one of the behind
the scenes workers that has made the Pasadena club
a great club (yes, there are more).

I think that all clubs have people like this,
doing the hard labor, and not being in the limelight.
My hat is off to those people doing the real work
of making RC soaring what it is today.

Joe Wurts