I just received my new Flash 5X G in the mail from Hobby Horse.  Looks
like a lot of radio for the money.  I particularly bought it for the 5
model memories.

I am not experienced with full house gliders, but a fast reading of the
manual indicates that:  It has a GLID (glider) configuration (in
addition to ACRO and GLID ACRO) which ...YES!...allows a 5-channel
receiver to control rudder, elevator, flaps, and separately control both
right and left ailerons!  Furthermore, for flap/flapperon/spoileron
control, there is a 3-position switch with the following functions: (1)
In the center position, the left (throttle) stick controls the flaps,
and you can dial in a desired percentage of proportional motion for left
and right aileron, up or down.  (2) In the up position, you get a
combination of flaps and rt/left aileron which you separately preset.
(3) In the down position, you get another preset combination.  Looks to
me like you can, for example, use "switch up" for reflex on both flaps
and both ailerons for fast cruise, "switch down" for a bit of positive
camber on flaps and ailerons for thermaling or launch or whatever, and
of course center position for proportionally controllable
flaps/ailerons.  The switch preset positions could also be set to full
flaps and crow for landing, or whatever you want.  Not all the
sophistication of a Stylus, but a lot of performance per dollar.

I hope I have explained it correctly, since I have not had time to
charge the batteries, connect receiver and servos and really try it all
out.

-Ben Hocker