The wind blew all week! Then Saturday morning the whole world (Southern
California anyway) was covered by a thick marine layer no wind, no sun, no
thermals. We started when the wind blew enough to support flight; it was
decided (by me) to start round zero. There was only 13 entered and for 1/2
the field, this was their first F3F race. Everyone worked well together and
helped out with the task of running the race.
The lift was flyable, probably very close to the F3F minimum velocity all
day. There was actually a few times when the planes made that "go fast"
sound. Well the goal of breaking into the 30's was modified to breaking into
the 50's. Jerry Craft with his new Brisk II was closest with a 61.10. The
lift was on the verge of requiring ballast, everyone tried to find the best
wing loading to squeeze a little extra speed from the conditions. Bruce
Beddoe flew his OD model very well to win a round and take 3rd, Bruce looked
on track the whole day. I think the California F3F series is starting to dig
up some very competitive pilots. Keep on coming!!
I want to thank everyone who showed up and put in a long day. I hope you had
some fun and can see the potential for competitive slope racing coming back
to California. It will only work with your help.
Tom

Doug, Bruce, your "cheesy" awards are in the works. Please send me your
address or a contact so I can get them to you.

        Points        Name                           Plane
-
 1    3636.80    Tom Copp                    Kobra
 2    3549.40    Doug Reel                    Opus
 3    3466.80    Bruce Beddoe           OD  Sd8000

 4    3418.60    John Roe               Viper
 5    3418.30    Jerry Craft                     Brisk II
 6    3413.90    Arthur Markiewicz        Cobra
 7    3413.00    Bren Lugo                     F3B Eagle
 8    3237.90    Mike Robinson          Blitz
 9    3232.10    Bruce Schaefer         OD
10   3197.30    Mark Taylor             Diamond
11   3153.20    Colin Craft                    Brisk II
12   2951.50    Keith Millet            OD
13   2831.70    Dan Field               Fun-1