Tom Copp opened this can of worms (it's not my fault!).

Here's my personal list of San Francisco area slopes PLUS the 5 Southern
Calif. entries from Tom's list. For the 4 locations where we both had opinions
I averaged the values. Your mileage will vary, trust me.

Sites where I have no opinion have been included with question marks to
encourage comments from those in the know.

     Location                    Lift (1 to 10)       Landing (1 to 10)
American Canyon, Oat Hill              2                     3
Benicia, Rose Drive                    ?                     ?
Berkeley, Marina                       2                     6
Cajon Pass                             8                     4
Concord, Kirker Pass                   ?                     ?
Costa Mesa                             2                     9
Coyote Hills                           4                     6
Davenport                              9                     5
Del Valle, Livermore                   4                     5
Dillon Beach                           ?                     ?
Dublin, Stagecoach                     5                     5
El Cerrito, Hillside Park              ?                     ?
Fort Funston                           4                     5
Fremont, Mission Peak                  ?                     ?
Fresno, Sky Harbor                     7                     3
Hayward, Cal State                     5                     5
Los Banos Creek Reservoir              7                     9
Marin County, Four Corners             7                     5
Marin County, Tick Hill                8                     5
Marina, CA                             4                     4
McClure's Beach                        ?                     ?
Mount Hamilton                         ?                     ?
Oakland, Merrit College                5                     5
Pacifica, Cheeta Ridge                 4                     4
Pacifica, dunes/bowl/dump              ?                     ?
Pacifica, Milagra Ridge                4                     4
Pt. Fermin                            10                     4
Rhonert Park,  Lichau                  ?                     ?
Richmond, Point Richmond               7                     6
San Francisco, Westlake                9                    -2
San Jose, Sierra Rd.                   7                     3
Sunol, Eagle's Nest Trail              7                     5
Sunol, McGuire Peaks                   8+                    1
Sunset State Beach, Santa Cruz         7                     4
Temple Hill                            7                     5
Torrey Pines                           6                     9
Vollmer Peak                           7                     4
Vollmer, Rattlesnake                   8                     4
Walnut Creek, Shell Ridge              6                     3

Bill Swingle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pleasanton, CA