My only objection is a personal preference regarding choice of radio and how
it is setup. Granted most slopers using two channels put the rudder on the
right with the elevator. I have done this myself many times, but I learned
to fly the rudder on the left BEFORE doing this,
If you never intend to be anything other than a one handed two channel slope
junkie fine.
If you ever plan on transitioning to four channel aircraft, especially scale
or power planes, do yourself a favor and learn what the rudder does and
learn to use it with your left hand. You will be a better pilot for the time
invested. And as a bonus when you add ailerons you won't have to learn all
over again when you put the rudder back on the left, and discover yaw is
different than roll.

A better idea yet, although sacrelidge on a soaring site perhaps, is start
out with a four channel power gas or electric trainer and learn to fly the
way real airplanes fly. Learn all axis of control and how they affect an
aircraft, and while you are doing this you will no doubt be learning to fly
a pattern around the field. This is good discipline for almost any fun fly
or event other than a TD event. One of the biggest problems we have had at
Elmira was getting everyone to fly the same direction in the landing pattern
and landing paralell to the flight line.
The learning curve may be steeper by a bit, but the benefits will last a
lifetime.
 John Derstine
E-mail; [EMAIL PROTECTED]