Graeme,

> To all those have built the 1-26 HLG with ailerons,
> I am curious as to its flying characteristics ?

        The DAW 60-inch 1-26 flys like a dream, in my opinion.
        I use it as a light air slope plane, new-slope explorer,
        and compact traveler.  Mine is built with a two-piece wing
        and removable horizontal stabilizer, it packs in an arrow
        case, and is just about the single most versatile plane in
        my 30-plane arsenal. The aileron version 1-26 is a keeper.

> I have never had an aileron equipped plane,
> would it be a good trainer for this ?

        Yes, due to its EPP-foam constructin and good handling.
        Two young fellows have learned to fly RC with my 1-26.
        If you can already fly the poly version, likely you will
        have no trouble transitioning to the aileron version, and
        you'll be pleased with the snappy performance and aerobatics.

        //  Dave Garwood
        Albany, NY - USA