Greg,

We have been flying Zaggies and Boomerangs here in Elko NV,and have been in
some pretty big winds.

{I flew it
> today and, because it was so windy I ended up strapping some lead to the
> front and it flew fairly stable.}

If your going to use ballast,because of stronger winds, then apply that to
the center of gravity. We have been taping lead to the body of the plane at
the CG. If you strap it to the front then U will change the balance of the
plane and it won't fly right.

 {Second, why can't I get the wing to do rolls?  I have my aileron settings
at
> 100% but it does this really sloppy stall like roll, instead of a
smoother
> snap roll.  Should I be travelling at a specific speed?}

Yes, U have to keep a certain flying speed up, which makes all turns,
rolls, loops much easier to do. In big wind the ballast helps U maintain
this flying speed.

Have fun, and try to keep your speed up.

                                      Gary M. Elko Nevada