Hi Arne,

If you want top quality TX pack, NoBS Batteries has about the best around.
http://www.hangtimes.com/txpacks.html

I just picked up a 2500 MAh NiMh pack from him.  He makes it up to order
with any connector in any shape.  He also had 2000, and 1600 MAh packs, but
I tend to fly all day so I wanted the larger pack.

I had picked up a 2000 mah NiMh pack from Armondotech, via e-bay.  Didn't
make it through 1 year.  It was cheap, but ......

For RX packs I use 1100 MAh AA NiMh packs planes that are tight on space and
2100 MAh A packs in planes with more space where the weight will be useful.
I am still using standard servos so I don't have the high draw that digitals
can pull, but I doubt these packs would have any problem handling the load.
I fly all day and have never run one of these packs down.

Ed Anderson
Long Island Silent Flyers
www.lisf.org