Some sections benefit from camber, and some don't. I
believe the 2/8 was probably designed to use at least
1 degree, maybe 2. Generically speaking, the thinner
sections are usually a bit more critical as to how
much camber one can use. Pop a thermal, set your
camber at 2 degrees and see how it works for ya...

One of your questions was whether or not to couple the
camber to the elevator function. That's not really an
airfoil dependant question, but a personal taste
question. I used to couple all my models that way, but
I have since stopped doing that, and prefer to use my
slider for thermalling. (For distance and speed
tasks... that's another story) The Stylus has a detent
at half travel... that's where I'll set my optimum
camber setting for thermal. (If I spend the time to
set it up) ;-) That still allows me more throw if I
need it... and that's a long drawn out why and when
article....

Your other question was whether or not to switch the
side slider with the flap stick... NOOOOOO!!!!! If
you're used to using the side slider, keep on using
it. Don't start putting the camber on the flap stick
just cuz some guy won a contest that way once... Using
the flap stick for camber was a cheater fix for the
older Junior radios... and it makes it hard to provide
pure rudder input while cambering at the same time. I
haven't really looked at the newer JR radios, but I
believe they have addressed this issue... 'Bout
time!!!! ;-) Just pokin some fun at the competition...