Some years ago (nov.01 in my diary) I made a small winch for a scratch built model I made (made from scrap materials). I did it all just for fun. Guess I had too much time at the moment! I used a speed 400 motor, small Rx and 7 cells. I operated the winch with my transmitter so that I could adjust the power. I even used it indoor. Very cool. Zoom of hard and "smack" in the ceiling ;-)
Did not need a trunaround but tried that also.
The only problem was that the line was so thin that it could easily become a mess.
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/vinsj/vinsj.jpg
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/vinsj/vinsj_deksel_l.jpg
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/dag257/vinsj_phonix.jpg

Hilsen (Regards) Jojo
NEW: www.jojoen.no
Flew Pike Perfect just a few hours ago...

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:29:37 -0500
From: "inventorforhire" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[email protected]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re:  "UPS" powered winch for DLGs,
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C648DC.24C36CF0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Here's a quick idea. Get a small wiper motor from junk yard for $5 - $10 =
or someplace like this:
http://www.73.com/a/0082.shtml

Make sure it can free turn, or you will need a needle clutch bearing on =
the spool and a couple of collars. =20

I got a UPS (computer back up) battery from Wilson Trucking Surplus for =
$8 (you might even get a free one from some company that discards them =
every couple of years), the board and 2x2 from scrap, the eye screw for =
.30, the receiver for $18, the servo for $10, the leaf switch from Radio =
Shack for $2.49.  The wire to receiver is a standard R/C charging =
switch. The wire to motor and switch is just some heavier wire.  Fishing =
line would be Firewire or something like that.  Using a momentary switch =
on the radio, you can run it to launch your HL.  Basically, you can make =
this for under $50.

Anyhow, I posted a quick concept drawing here:

http://www.adesigner.com/brass/dlgwinch.htm

Tom

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe 
messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email 
such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format

Reply via email to