Since it was a rudder/elevator model I had the winch on the throttle stick. Dont see why I need a arming switch. I dont have that on my normal winch either. And anyone can step on the pedal.... (or turn it over like on Nats..)

Hilsen (Regards) Jojo
NEW: www.jojoen.no
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Steifel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jo Grini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <Soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Re: "UPS" powered winch for DLGs,

Very cool... Yep, you have too much time on your hands... You remind me of a local friend.... One question since it is controlled by your tranny that is also controlling your plane, do you have an arming switch? I could see the slider getting knocked and making a mess out of everything.

Hey Mike does he remind you of anyone.?????

Jo Grini wrote:

Some years ago (nov.01 in my diary) I made a small winch for a scratch built model I made (made from scrap materials). I did it all just for fun. Guess I had too much time at the moment! I used a speed 400 motor, small Rx and 7 cells. I operated the winch with my transmitter so that I could adjust the power. I even used it indoor. Very cool. Zoom of hard and "smack" in the ceiling ;-)
Did not need a trunaround but tried that also.
The only problem was that the line was so thin that it could easily become a mess.
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/vinsj/vinsj.jpg
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/vinsj/vinsj_deksel_l.jpg
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/dag257/vinsj_phonix.jpg

Hilsen (Regards) Jojo
NEW: www.jojoen.no
Flew Pike Perfect just a few hours ago...