Meh. My Grandpa claimed that he and his friends once tried this stunt:

They would transfer a water skier being towed on a boat to a tow rope dangling from a small plane. This was attempted on the Bourbeuse river in Missouri which is one of that state's most twisted and meandering rivers - it winds for nearly 100 miles with an air distance of only 27 miles, all of it within Franklin County. They also built a ski jump that was only used once - it was too steep and the first attempt resulted in someone getting slammed into the ramp. They cut it free from it's anchors and let it drift over the dam at Noser Mill.

Paul
"hey, that's not soaring related but interesting and I mentioned an aircraft"

On 3/29/06, S Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Very awesome.  Interesting to see the TRUE level flight perspective.  :-)

Thank Rudy.

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com.  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format