I'll assume you are talking about the bearing for the shaft. you can
heat the bearing up in an oven and press it over the shaft  You don't
need 400 about 150 should expand it enough without harming the seal.

Check the fit of the drum I'll bet it fits ok to the shaft. You don't
want to turn the shaft if it fits.

George L Meyers wrote:

About a year ago I bought a 3110 starter motor for my winch. When I tried to install my Real Balls I found that the shaft is too big. Can you turn the shaft down or sand it down to fit?

George Meyers        WD6EQS
Fresno, California

Graduierte, schule der harten klopfen

Jeff Steifel