On May 27, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Jim Laurel wrote:
  Years ago I would have
suggested a Highlander, but they are no more and there don't seem to
be any really credible (i.e., decent performing) foamies.

Speaking of Highlanders.... That's what I learned flying a full house plane with. I actually trashed one on a zoom launch into a stiff wind. That's significant because they are nearly indestructible. ;-)

Anyway.... I still have my second one. It's beat up, but still flies and would be a good plane for a beginner. It has full flaps and ailerons. Comes with all servos, no battery or Rx. Free to a good home, you cover shipping. Now here's the deal. I do have a box that someone sent me a 2M wing in. It's plywood and I'd have to cut the tailfeathers off the fuse, but gluing them back on shouldn't be a big deal. I've no idea how much it would cost to send that box anywhere, it's not all that heavy, just big. If interested contact me off line and let's see if we can work something out.

No, I'm not gonna give it to someone just so they can rip the servos out, I do want to get it to a beginner or better yet, some club that wants to use it as a trainer for raw newbies. (It'd be a great slope plane for beginners to learn how to use all those control surfaces.)

Obviously if you can come by my digs and just pick it up, great, I can still use the box as a jello mold.

Cheers,

Bill
---
It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life.    B. Baggins

Bill Johns
Colton, WA