----- Original Message -----

Not to mention the humbling experience of the famous "Walk of Shame"....

The "Walk of Shame" is usually associated with combat. My guess is most beginners won't be doing combat right way.

The way I see it, learning on a slope has the advantages of:
1. No high start or winch to get used to.
2. Your plane is much closer to you so it's easier for a beginner to tell what it's doing. 3. The lift is much easier to find than with just thermal flying so the beginner will get longer flights which equate to faster learning. 4. There are a lot of slope EPP foam planes out there to choose from. Plenty of them fly slow enough for a beginner and are really hard to tear up. Tape and CA will take care of most field repairs and there is almost nothing Goop won't fix once you get home.

The only disadvantage I see to learning on a slope is that a lot of people live in slope challenged places.

Randy