Randy Bullard Wrote:
> [...]

I took The Walk many, many times long before combat arrived at Four
Corners. When one learns to fly with floaters, one walks a lot. Flying
slope with floaters like the GL means combat flyable wind is the
enemy... and bravery often means trying to grab a thermal when the
plane's a few hundred feet downhill.

A lot of the beginners back then would graduate to combat within a
month or so; it was a lot of fun but made trying to learn to fly -well-
that much harder. I finally gave up flying when the Walk of Shame meant
trying to find all the pieces of my built up gliders.

The slope is great for maidens, too: nothing like a fat drop-off to
give a new bird a lot of altitude -fast-.

Back to the bench...

Erik

--
Erk