If you live in the Midwest and Midsouth you know what kind of weather we had the last few days.

Warm/Dry following Cool/Wet...which equals thermals.

Yesterday would have been a bumper LSF task day but honey-do's prevail around here on Saturdays....

So I was out at about 9:30 and stayed out till about 4pm.

Mostly decided to spend the day tuning up my new/old 2m, the SuperAVA and my Pulsar 2005 SP400 F5J ship.  Once satisfied with their set ups and saw that this was not the day for 2 hour LSF flights, I dug out the WHCS for some pilot training.

The shipped is dialed in (now that I put a 1/2hole longer arm on the flaps and can get some drag/braking).  So now its just a matter of getting to know her.

I put in about 6 or 7 10's but the best landing I could pull off was an average of 80's. :-(

Wasn't the best wind direction for that kind of practice, our field makes you land right over a tree line with today's wind direction, so you have to push over the tree tops, get reallly low, manage your time and watch out of ground thermals from the rolling terrain of this side our of field.

I never once seem to miss a ground thermal at the last second over the tape to push my nose off the spot.

Sure would like to hear if I am the only one who finds the Supra a most amazing TD ship.

It is sooo nimble, and so quick getting out of trouble to hunt something that works, and indicates soo clearly.

I am not going to say it beats a Sharon for hang time, but it has it on launch...and its a bit more work to stay with a thermal than the Sharon.

So far my favorite is still the Pike Giant....but I'll admit it is not a ship for everyone.

JoJo flew the Euro Tour F3J yesterday and today, made the finals using the Perfect, took second, just short on some landing points. Super Windy for them, lines broke, airplane exploded, Phillip Kolb broke three of the heaviest lines today to move him out of the fly offs.

JoJo's planes of choice? Perfect and Supra for WC F3J work. Check out his website diary page for some very cool Supra Photos http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/index.htm
Then click on June to read about the results of the EuroTour even he took wood in today.

Gordy