From: Marc Gellart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:45 AM
To: Soaring Exchange
Subject: [RCSE] Nats and Other Thoughts

Well, we are in our downhill slide here, we have had everything from great
conditions to some pretty tough stuff.  George made comments about it, the
humidity has not even been that bad, but George comes from that "dry heat".

Mike Smith has been flying great, Daryl and Mike Fox too, whats new right?
The weekend had one pretty tough day, Saturday, and one of the most gorgeous
days you could imgine Sunday.  HL went very well, nine rounds there, and 2M
had good weather too.  As has been noted, yesterday was a tough day, high
overcast, a few drops of rain, and the wind blew solid and steady.  We
missed the rain yesterday even though we had a few showers around us and a
few drops on the field, but today looks rough rain wise.  Hopefully it
holds, but as I type this, it is raining now.

For me, this has been a one of kind Nats, and one of the toughest I have
had.  When I take vacation, I am really not on vacation, and this week has
been very busy business wise.  I did finish my Level V Sunday with a great
XC flight that went textbook, nothing lower than 1600 and as high as 2400,
we could have kept going for a long time I think if that need to land to
finish the task had not been in there.  Ask Jim Deck about the trip.

I am sure that more is to come from folks, will have more to say later
myself.

Marc Gellart
Nats Event Director

"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format