Yep its official, the last AMA LSF 'king of 2m" award was handed to a very humble, but dashing Daryl Perkins....having won this years 2m event with a borrowed V tail Duck.

The award was handed to him at the Nats Banquet tonite along with the High Point award, but the show was stolen by little Lee, the 10 year old from Louisville who had put a hurt'n on some of the big dog Duck pilots during 2m.

He flew his all wood RES ship both days in Unlimited to the dismay of some Supras, Pikes, Icons, Sharons :-)

While Lee ended up near the bottom of the score sheets, due to some bean field zeros, his plane is still in perfect conditions....high winds and all.

Tonite he was awarded the Spirit Of Soaring award, but I have to tell you guys, the award should have gone to Ed Wilson Pres of the Louisville Soaring Society, because it was Ed who has mentored him, built him planes and spurred him from D's in school to B's.

Lee is about hip tall, dark short hair and dark eyes.....which makes him the spitting image of DP, but I checked and Daryl swears he hasn't been to Louisville....still awful suspicious that the kid is a natural stick....:-)

By the way, Ed mentored another young boy years back.......Bruce Davidson.

Food was good and the LSF team really on top of their game tonite.  Lots of smiles and a ton of laughter....while some thought I was incredibly witty tonite, I have to admit, its just that I stayed at Holiday Inn Express last nite.

Gordy