Just a general question that has nothing to do with 2 meter planes but
sailplanes in general.  I had a first flight of a sailplane awhile back. I did
the dive test and flew inverted. Felt nose heavy. Took out lead. Did it
again...took out lead...did it a few more times. All the while putting in down
trim to keep it flying level. I get to the point where I notice that the
decilage (sp) is massively wrong. LOTS of down stab to keep the plane flying
level. Like 1/4" from zero. Take note that in a dive test it is still pulling
up to much. So, the question is should I keep moving the CG back and keep
making the decilage further off or do I put the CG so that I have zero or very
little decilage angle. BTW...It has a full flying stab. I would think having so
much decilage would cause a lot of drag....Opinions?

Mark Miller