To add to Simon's note.  I normally build / buy my batteries with dual leads.
One lead is used to charge and the other plugs into the switch.  Charging
through a switch is normally a bad idea.

I like the idea of a switch that fails open.  I've used Fromeco's pin flag
switches on other aircraft and wonder why I've not seen any saiplanes using
them.  The switch has a pin that you remove to turn on the aircraft.  The pin
(2-3 inches in length) normally has the proverbial "Remove before flight"
streamer attached to the pin requiring a 2-3mm hole in the canopy of fuse to
allow the pin access to the switch.  It ought to lead to fewer failures to turn
on the plane prior to launch. But then again a quick control check would
accomplish this task as well.

Rob