That is about the Best Summation I have ever read.

Great Job Jim.

chip

-----Original Message-----
From: James V. Bacus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:56 AM
To: RCSE
Subject: Re: [RCSE] LSF discussion

I've read it all before...

A guy looks at the LSF task set and they seem daunting so he figures he
will redesign them.

Instead of actually joining LSF and figuring what its all about its much
easier to attack it from the computer on the forums, e-lists, or where ever
it may get attention.  Not face to face.

Go after the topic many find daunting, contesting.

Discover through the debate that this takes many people to pull a new
organization off so maybe the LSF could help them out?  Right, you started
out against us.

The thing I find strange is that level based system is sort of contest in
itself, you obtain levels so you can compare your skill set to others.  Yet
some folks just don't want to do that face to face.

When will some people realize almost all the hobbies you will entertain
yourself with are about the people, not the toy.  It's about going out and
having fun with friends, it's simple as that.

At 06:43 AM 9/6/2006, Ben Wilson wrote:
>"Testing the waters for a different type of LSF"
>http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554577
>
>It's a long one...
>
>Jim Deck wrote:
>>OK, probably most members of RCSE are aware of it but, for those who
>>aren't, a good discussion concerning the LSF is taking place in
>>"Sailplane Talk" on RCGroups.  Both members & non-members of the LSF may
>>find it interesting.
>>RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
>>and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text
>>only format with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such
>>as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format
>
>RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
>and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note
>that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format
>with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and
>AOL are generally NOT in text format

Jim
Downers Grove, IL
Member of the Chicago SOAR club, and Team JR
AMA 592537    LSF 7560 Level IV   R/C Soaring blog at www.jimbacus.net