I have stayed out of this foray but will offer only one clarification. When you talk about the planes of yor, we all flew those. Today we all fly what is out there today so the competition is just as meaningful as it was 20 years ago.

It is not moldies against woodies but the playing field is still level. It is just as hard today as it was 20 years ago, in fact for me it is harder because age is catching up with capability.

BTW, got most of my LV wins with the woodies. Have needed the 8 hour for about 12-15 years and never had the desire to do it to complete the V.

Jack