That's what I'm talking about.  any other memories out there.  Mark did comment to me something like "damn, I guess it's gone full circle.  I was one of the kids back then, now I'm an old fart"  Of course I reassured him that it was ok, since there are going to be a lot of old farts out there ;-) BTW, does 42 count as old?  I am sure I could be considered by some to be a fart :-)

Mike (woooops) Smith, excuse me!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [RCSE] Re: Masters
From: David Register <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, September 07, 2006 1:34 pm
To: Soaring@airage.com

******
....that I am not the only Smith on the Roster? Hope you guys remember
Mark Smith. Mark's Models & Dynaflight, previous National Champ, LSF No.
19.....??? Ringing any bells out there? I am sure it is.
******

Also developer of the 'kiss and click' spot landing. Back some 35 or so
years ago when he was flying the Windfree in SoCal he worked out a way
to get time and spots at landing. Grease that little beauty in a foot or
so off the deck and at the exact time, kiss the nose off the grass (or
dirt, or whatever), then bounce it back into the air and fly it into a
perfect spot without having to worry about the time. No skids, skegs or
anything. Just amazing coordination, timing and skill. First time I saw
that maneuver I recall a bunch of guys all gaping and muttering 'did you
see that.......???'.

Awesome list for Masters. Hope you guys have a great time.

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format