Sorry, I only sent this to Tony and it should have gone to all.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jack Iafret < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sep 13, 2006 8:07 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] LSF discussion - some thoughts
To: tony estep <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

OK, my one comment.

Read my post of the History of LSF earlier in response to Chuck Anderson's post. I have been there and know what if means to be a an LSF person- are you? ( I am only an L IV and may never do the 8 hour slope to get LV because I don't care. That is the point- individual achievement).

LSF is kind of like a goal in the sky, only the strong will succeed. If it is watered down, what is the point.

The whole point in the LSF is to be under LSF 200 at this point in time (LSF 100 is done). What else could you ask for, to be one of the the best 200 in the world (LSF is a world organization).

You can only exceed the LSF goals if you present a program that is more difficult in the world of new technology, not worse.

If we were all equal, who would be the leaders?

IMHO,

Jack Iafret