A Level 6 would be fantastic, I think. Don't know how the Level V's would feel about it, but I (Level III) think it would be awesome.

One thing this hobby needs and has always aspired to is innovation. We need to push our goals further, as well as attempting to push our hobby to more people. Kind of opposite ends of the spectrum, yes, but both things I think need to happen and are happening.

In the past year, we have already seen goals being raised and more sportsmen being introduced to our hobby. The World Soaring Masters and further US involvement in international competition (F3J and F3K in Germany) certainly set our sights higher. On the other side of that, the Polecat Challenge drew one of the largest handlaunch crowds on the East Coast in recent memory - and *half* of those were sportsmen, a good number of whom had never competed before. Not to mention things like the ESL's Novice program, and SOAR Chicago's "Soaring Seminar" I noticed on their website.

Be it a Level 6, a World Soaring Masters, or a flyer in a local hobby shop, I'll support anything that grows this hobby.

Darwin N. Barrie wrote:
I tend to agree with the possibility of a Level 6. When the LSF program was developed the equipment was archaic by todays standards. I know it is the pilot but the equipment certainly has added a little advantage. How many Level 5's have been added in the past year or so? A Level 6 should be considered to reflect the evolution of the hobby. Not quite to the standards Skip outlined but similar. Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ
Level 0

--
ben wilson