We got to South Fork early as in 7 a.m. ish....it was cool to cold and the sun was just breaking thru the overcast.  Winds light.

There were a 5 guys who didnt' finish up their RES yesterday so they flew today.  Same 7min task as yesterday and I doubt anyone had any trouble as the air was extremely bouyant.

When the winch lines had settled....Me, yep me had won with the Super AVA...for my first LSF 5 win.

The unlimited started shortly after and the second round was a killer, but most of the 5 rounds provided a spanking for someone.  I, yep me again had it virtually in the bag for my second LSF5 win, it was the last round and the air looked really iffy.  Clear with some wind.  I chose a good time to launch and felt very confident, but as luck would have it, my winch snafu'd and I had to relight, by that time my plan went down the can....and I ended up behind a tree line just off the landing area...not able to thread back thru to get my flight and landing without sacrificing my Sharon....I decided to join the most honorable ranks of John Luetke, David McCarthy and a few others for the walk of shame.

In the end I still ended up 11th out of a few hundred I think, with Jim McCarthy nabbing 5th, Jim Frickey sneeking into First and a really amazing day of steady flying by Bob Peck of Tulsa, flying a V tail Pike Superior.  Jim Frickey flew a V tail Stratos and Jim Mc flew his Perfect.  TK of Chi town and LSF pres placed flying a Fazer.

It was a good day, they decided to put up the first two rounds of tomorrows contest in case we get weather.  I did good :-)

Who knows what the shadows will bring me tomorrow :)
Gordy
Steak and beer just downstairs