Well, I could thermal mine out from a wingspan high, and won my first
contests with it. I did a few things, like strengthening the inner
wings and lightening the outers by tapering spar stock, etc. In spite
of it's long span, mine would turn well, and 8 oz. of lead on the CG
would take care of the Texas winds. I could thermal it as well or
better than most models I had owned up to that time. I have always been
an aft CG guy, so maybe some others had it nose heavy, but I can't speak
for them. My only problem was that the inboard rib sets didn't match,
and I stacked them and matched them prior to building.

Jack Womack

--
schrederman