Since I had no intention of completing level V, I didn't  worry about it.  It
was all for fun anyway.

Hi Chuck.

I hear the 'fun' thing pretty often and caught myself almost  playing that
card once at a contest where I wasn't prepared to do my best.

But before the words popped off the line, I realized that it  was a silly
comment.

There is nothing more 'fun' than doing the task perfectly.   Landing on the
zero, with the nose settled lightly on to the 100 spot.   Don't get me wrong,
flying rc sailplanes in our out of a contest is definitely  fun, or I wouldn't
bother.  But if a scale is applied, flying a perfect  task is as good as it
gets.

I think its the same for completing each LSF task and level. Its  more
satisfying to have done it than not.

Its not mandatory, or the measure of a pilot...its just more fun  to have
done it than not :-)

In some ways, similar to cleaning the shop....a pain in the  butt to have to
do it, but a great feeling to have it done.

My plan is to do my 8 on our own Frankfort slope, with a  woody, on 2.4.
First to do it that way in Kentucky history : Am I looking  forward to it?
Nope,
but its a plan :-)

Doug Barry did LSF5 and CSS Diamond.  Tom Broeski is a  G&R away from
Diamond....now that's work...and fun :-)

Gordy

products.