Sorta like racing pigeons..   To be good homers they had to look "just so"  I
won a bunch of races with some ugly birds, and the faster they came hope, the
prettier they got.. My 2 cents about that  (grin)  Brian

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:45:19 -0700From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: RE: [RCSE]
Icon/High EndTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: soaring@airage.com
So here is my take on looks...

Form follows function.....period.  The more you fly the gliders you like and
identify the particular aspects of one vs. another design that you like and
dislike, you tend to trend toward those favorable aspects.  You tend to see
those aspects as right, correct, nice, pleasing, attractive, sexy,...um, well
you get my point.  I should qualify that and say that this only applies if you
care how it flies, and can really truly identify the aspects of a design that
cause the favorable results.  I look at gliders the way the wind does up to a
point.  I have aesthetic constraints that keep me wind guided eye from seeing
the benefits of a pylon mounted wing for example, and sorry  Tom Kiesling but
there is no way that I will ever think that the Mantis looks good even though
it is truly form to function desgin.  My constraint circuits overloaded with
that one... ;-)

Again, like the posts show, beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

Later.

Mike
-------- Original Message --------Subject: [RCSE] Icon/High EndFrom: "B. Chan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Date: Thu, December 13, 2007 9:48 amTo: Daryl Perkins
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "soaring" <soaring@airage.com>I know flying quality is
important, but do they have to look so ugly?? they all look like toothpicks
with wings. What happened to the looks like Graphite and such? Those are mush
prettier planes. At least the Supra looks good.Can someone with "outside the
box" thinking designs some better looking planes?Brian>You Icon drivers get so
dern judgemental. If you saw both models up>close, there is no way a High End
could be mistaken for an Icon - the>High End is pretty.>>I had the opportunity
to fly the High End (Lousy name by the way), and>it flies quite nicely. I'm on
the list. But then, I'm on a lot of>lists... ;-)>DRCSE-List facilities provided
by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL
PROTECTED] Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in
text only format with MIME turned off. Email sent from web based email such as
Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text formatRCSE-List facilities provided
by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL
PROTECTED] Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in
text only format with MIME turned off. Email sent from web based email such as
Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format
The best games are on Xbox 360.  Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360
Console.