Gordy,
For several weekends now, this is exactly what has been done. Testing... Visalia configurated lines (heavier line on bottom, to turnaround, lighter/stretchier line to launch hook). Rick Bothel has also come up with a really nice configuration for keeping lines up off the ground. The winch no longer sits in the grass, but up on a stand., The turn-arounds are on raised tri-pods... The effect is that a lot less string drags on the ground. We've been testing this setup in the world's toughest environment, the AZ destert. That's right, NO GRASS, only rocks a dirt and roots to snag on. I've have my Icon (yeah, the OLD version), Darwin's had his Sharon's, and various others have had their full-pedal-launch moldies out there... landing on a pad of carpet we threw down to save our planes... All THIS, so you the SWC Attendeee will have a better experience for your hard earned modeling dollar.

Still testing this weekend, by the way.... screw christmas and family, we've got a TD Contest to prepare for.
Skip (the lesser) Richards

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
High Starts.
No broken lines, you can pre-determine the stretch pace count. Marks got some great ones. The launches will be lower so those of you who think it will be a more challenging contest and give you a better chance at glory will be really happy. No resistors, no tension limiters, no new drums, prettier parachutes, and a lot cheaper too. Everyone is happy (even our Chiropractors!)...and no one attends the event. Or man up. Get the good line, have someone with a big plane really put the load to them before the contest, have some spare winches and plan for quick re-lights , a broken line or pop off become the luck of the draw advantage, instead of/ flying it out/ causing a friend to have a lousy expensive weekend. I'd spend money on attending even :-)

Gordy
Sunny and warm in Louisville today! Got a flight in even..some honey-do's done, some Christmas shopping and even took the motor bike out for a fun ride! You?

See AOL's top rated recipes <http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004> and easy ways to stay in shape <http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aoltop00030000000003> for winter.