Today is the fourteenth anniversary of my meeting Gordy. It was on a cold January day in 1995 that I got a call from Gordy Stahl. He said that he was passing through and would like to meet me. I couldn't remember anybody named Gordy but said OK. I then looked into my records and found that a few years earlier I had sold him an early version of my Airfoil Plot program.

It is almost impossible to give directions to my house to anybody not familiar with Tullahoma so I said to give me a call when he got off the Interstate and I would meet him at the model airplane field. Gordy was driving a pickup towing a long long trailer carrying some earth moving machinery. I live way back in the woods on a narrow driveway but some how Gordy made it my drive without hitting any oak trees. Fortunately I have a circle drive in front of my house so he didn't have to turn that rig around because I didn't have 40 acres.

I assumed that Gordy wanted to talk about airfoils and plotting software but it turned out that he wanted to see my models. I had just finished restoring my Corvette and my shop was still cluttered with car tools so most of my models were in storage and I didn't have anything to show. We discussed flying and Gordy remarked that he didn't like contests because he didn't like spending a whole day for only a few flights.

Chuck Anderson